Our History 

The Taieri Dramatic Society was Founded in October 1948 and on 17 January 1949 The first AGM  was held  in the Mosgiel District High School with about 25 interested people attending.
 It was decided that the club be named the "Taieri Dramatic Society" and the first executive and committee were  elected.

The first production "After October" was staged in the Coronation Hall in Mosgiel in May 1949 and  was well attended.
Since then the Society has produced two major plays a year,  up until  recent times when there has been one major play a year plus an evening of one act plays. Children's  plays have also featured in recent years.

Forty Years later  in 1989 the Society purchased the old Fire Brigade Hall and thus "The Fire Station Theatre" was born  .

Extensive renovations have  been made over the years to turn it into an intimate cosy theatre. This work is ongoing and  with the assisstance of grants and the income from productions we have been able to upgrade the main stage with new lighting system and a Fire safe stage curtain and tabs, plus for the comfort of the Audience a heat pump has been installed in the auditoriumas well as one out in the back stage & wardrobe area.A Oven and range hood were kindly donated giving us a better facility to hire out to other community groups .